1. Cancellations must be in writing and received by us emailed to [email protected].
Reservation cancellations received from OTAs (airbnb, vrbo, booking) are per their terms and policies.
All new reservations will get a full refund (minus a $100 processing fee) if canceled 60 or more days prior to the arrival date. Holiday weeks (Easter, Christmas, USA Thanksgiving, and New Year) are excluded (see note below).
All cancellations made 30-60 days before arrival will be offered a one-year credit for the paid amount minus the $100 processing fee at the original property. This credit must be used within 365 days of the original reservation arrival date and for the same property. The credit will be for the dollar amount originally paid and the nightly rate is not guaranteed. Subject to availability.
All cancellations made 30 or less days prior to the check-in date are not eligible for a refund or credit. If we are able to re-rent the property for the same days at the same price, we will refund the client that amount minus all fees. If the unit is not re-rented, no refund or credit will be given. We do not guarantee the unit will be re-rented.
Exceptions to the above policy:
Holiday weeks – the weeks of USA Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and New Year’s are 100% non-refundable unless we are able to re-rent the unit for the same days/rate.The dates specifically in question are the following:
Thanksgiving – November 18, 2023 to November 23, 2023.
Christmas/New Years – December 15, 2023 to January 5, 2024
Easter- March 23, 2024 to March 31, 2024
Thanksgiving- November 23, 2024 to December 1, 2024
Christmas/New Years – December 15, 2024 to January 5, 2025
If there are last-minute Costa Rica border closures to/from your country, we will give a one-year credit. This applies only to the inability to enter/leave the country, NOT any quarantine or testing requirements put in place by either country.
In these uncertain days, we do recommend that you purchase travel insurance that covers all travel-related costs in the case of unforeseen issues.
2. Guaranteed Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. If you arrive earlier than 3 p.m. and the property you are renting has been cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival on your check-in day, we will release it to you with prior approval. We will send you an email with check-in instructions. Check-in Instructions will not be issued with a balance owing or without a signed rental agreement and copy of valid ID in our possession unless otherwise arranged.
3. Late Check-In: You are responsible for submitting all necessary paperwork in a timely manner to receive your check-in information. Once we confirm via email that all the documents are received, our system will generate an automated email 3 days prior to your arrival with the driving directions and property access information. Depending on the unit you may go directly to the unit or you may need to stop by our offices to pick up keys from the lockboxes outside. Please make sure to print this information prior to arrival in case cell or internet service is not available.
4. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. on your check-out day. No exceptions unless otherwise arranged. Please understand that it is a challenge to prepare all our properties between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for the next guests, so 10:00 a.m. is a firm check-out time. A $ 100-hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check-out time unless previously arranged. If you expect to check out before our office opens in the morning, please make arrangements with us in advance about where to leave your keys. A $100 per key fee will be charged for each lost or unreturned set of keys. Our team will hold any forgotten items for 48 hours, if they are not claimed and arrangements to have them returned made, we will dispose of them. RPM/Tropical Vacations takes no responsibility for items left behind and cannot promise the ability to return items to guests. Please when packing, make sure you leave nothing behind! There are many regulations regarding international shipping and we may be prevented to ship used clothing, electronics and other valuables.
5. Pets are not permitted in any rental properties without express written permission. Violation is grounds for immediate termination of the rental agreement with no refunds and you will be required to vacate the property. Additionally, a $250 fee will be charged.
6. Sleeping Capacity and Disturbances: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A.) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation. B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity. C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D.) Occupancy and use of the premises and common areas in such a fashion that disturbs or offends other guests or residents. E.) Smoking inside the house or condo. Smoking is not allowed in any of our condo complexes inside or outside. It is against the law in Costa Rica to smoke in public areas including condo pools, etc. F.) Any other acts which interfere with neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. We wish you to have an enjoyable vacation, but you must respect the rights of other guests.
7. Appliance Malfunctions: There are no rebates or refunds issued for any malfunctions or service requests for air conditioning, Internet service including WIFI, televisions, hot tubs, pools, appliances, elevators, etc. as every good faith effort is made to ensure the property is maintained to highest standards. Every effort will be made to effect repairs as quickly as possible. Additionally, no refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortages, flooding, or construction at adjacent properties.
8. Care of Property: You are expected to care for the property as if it were your own. In addition, you acknowledge that unless RPM Services is notified within 24 hours of check-in via email to [email protected] of any damage or cleaning concerns, then thereafter, all damages or concerns to the property during your stay will be your responsibility.
Each property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. The rental fee you have paid will provide for three hours of normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour. We ask that you leave the property in a clean condition to include the following: All trash removed. All dishes were washed and put away. All doors and windows are closed and locked. All air conditioners turned off. All keys returned to the office by check-out time. All breakage was reported to the office. Failure to comply will give us the right to deduct appropriate sums from your security deposit plus a $100.00 processing fee prior to returning the balance.
9. Telephones are provided in most properties, and if provided, tenants may make unlimited calls within Costa Rica. International calls are separate and tenants are expected to use their calling card or make a third-party credit card call unless a VOIP phone is provided. All phones are blocked for direct-dial international calls.
10. What We Supply: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, pillows, towels, beach towels, and a fully equipped kitchen.
11. What You Should Bring: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other disposable items to get you started on your first day of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
12. Locked Areas for which the Tenant is not provided a key, such as the owner’s personal storage areas, are exempt from this lease agreement and are off-limits. You will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for forced entry into these areas and will be charged for damage and/or missing items.
13. Parking and Electric golf carts. Please check with the office to know how many secure parking spaces are available for the condo or home you are renting. Electric golf carts cannot be charged on the premises of most of our houses and condos. You can store the golf cart on the premises if there is a parking space, but you cannot charge them in the condos or homes that are part of larger complexes.
14. Tenant’s Liability: You agree to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by you or your guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, you agree to reimburse the owner through RPM Services/Tropical Vacations for costs incurred to repair or replace damaged items.
15. In the unlikely event that we are unable to deliver said property to you under this lease agreement prior to occupancy because of fire, eminent domain, the act of nature, double booking, delay in construction, or any other reason whatsoever, you agree that our sole liability as a result of these conditions is a full refund of all monies previously paid. Pursuant to the terms of this lease, you expressly acknowledge that in no event shall RPM Services or Tropical Vacations be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages.
16. Hold Harmless: The Owner, RPM Services, and Tropical Vacations assume no liability for loss, damage, or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in the supply of water, gas, internet service, and WIFI, electricity, or plumbing. Nor do we accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, theft, or other reasons beyond our control. RPM Services and Tropical Vacations assume no liability either for items left in the properties upon check out.
17. Additional Terms or Conditions: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges RPM Services, Tropical Vacations, and the Owner from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold RPM Services, Tropical Vacations, and the Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom.
18. Acknowledgement: I acknowledge that I have reviewed and understand the terms of this lease and agree to be bound thereby.
19. I hereby apply to lease the above-described premises for the term and upon the conditions set forth. I agree to abide by all rules and regulations pertaining to the rental property and will take responsibility for other occupants of the rental unit. Further, I authorize RPM Services/Tropical Vacations to charge and hold $750.00 on the below credit card to cover any damage or loss caused by me or my guests during our stay. If damage or loss exceeds $750.00 I authorize additional charges of up to $2500.00 to cover the additional expense. Agent agrees to provide Tenant with an itemized bill for all damages.
20. The credit card provided for the rental will be used to charge the full amount of the rental as described above unless otherwise agreed upon in writing with the client to pay via other methods. All rentals require a photocopy of the valid ID of the renter that matches the card used and the name on the rental.
SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES. SMOKING OUTSIDE IS NOT ALLOWED IN CONDO COMPLEXES OR PUBLIC AREAS PER COSTA RICAN LAW.